Did You Know?
- Usually, formula's containing Soy or lactose free formula's contain high fructose corn syrup which is an artificial sweetener and known to cause obesity. Lactose is the primary carbohydrate in breast milk and milk based formula's, it's necessary for brain development.
- Formula's are now containing DHA which is found in breast milk and essential for brain development and formation BUT, it comes from algae or fish which can contain mercury which is passed into the formula.
- A Mother's germ antibodies are passed to the baby to protect them from getting sick.
- Vitamin's in a Mother's milk are absorbed more completely than the vitamins in formula.
- Breast milk contains digestive enzymes and is rich in hormones. With formula the processing kills the cow hormones and the digestive enzymes.
- Breastfeeding saves a family $600 to $2000 a year and that number could go up if the child is seeing the doctor often due to illness. Nursing mother's that have to work miss less usually as a general rule as well.