- Communicate, communicate, communicate. If your in-laws are stepping on your toes or over a boundary, please speak to them and explain your side.
- Realize that the way things are done now, may not have been done before. That means that someone from a previous generation doesn't have the same views always as you do about what needs to be done.
- Allow the Grandma's to see their grandchildren. They've waited a long time to be able to be part of the grandchild's life. Mother's who are stingy with their children, don't allow the child to experience being with the older generation. There's a respect learned, sometimes dying art forms like playing cards with Grandpa, sewing with Grandma, etc.
- The same can be said for the Grandparents. Play with your grandchildren. Don't let your retired life and socializing get in the way of being with your grandkids. They won't have memories of you to last their lifetime.
- Wives, if your husband is a mama's boy, you should deal direct with him. Speak to him about his treatment of you, and what you would like to see happen. It's good that a man respects his Mother but, his life shouldn't revolve around her either.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Monday :)