I am nursing my second child right now and I have been playing around with different nursing covers. A few I have reviewed previously here on my blog. As I've said before I'm a modest nursing mama. I have no qualms with someone else nursing without a cover, I'm just uncomfortable doing it and only recently started to nurse my son in public with a cover.
I have the traditional cover that has the boning in the front so I can see baby. The strap goes around my neck and drapes down to the side of me. Those are great for quick nursing but, they tend to still show a little more than I'm comfortable with since my side and tummy gets exposed. So I found this awesome cover online called Covillow. I spoke to Candice Boehm the creator of this nursing cover and, she had the same thoughts about it that I did. She was motivated to create something that would give her full coverage as baby grows and tries to take off the cover. I know all nursing moms can relate to that! I chose a beautiful cover called Turquoise Dream and I'm really loving the softness of the materials and bold color to the cover.
So, why is this different than most nursing covers? Well, for me the obvious was the fact that it could be pulled over like a smock and covered my top half so baby could not pull it off of me. The other was the small pillow attached to the inside for comfort.
- My experience with this nursing cover was very positive!
- I loved the full coverage, I really liked the modern patterns that were available
- I loved that the pillow could be used or removed and I saw a need for that as baby grows
- I also loved that there was some light boning in the neck to allow me to see my baby and help him latch which is really difficult to do with many covers.
- And, anyone that has read my blog knows that I'm all for the small mom run businesses that run our world!
- They are handmade and 100% cotton!
- The only dislike is unfortunately something that comes with the territory of my modesty and where I live(AZ), it can get pretty warm during a nursing session. It isn't the covers fault, it's just how it is.
You can purchase your own Covillow online in four great cover choices for only $59.95. Also, check them out on their Facebook.
Considering breast feeding or already doing so? Want to win a beautiful nursing cover for your diaper bag? Covillow is allowing one winner to PICK their choice of nursing cover!
Go to Covillow and let me know which nursing cover you would pick. This is required and no other entry will be accepted if it's not completed. I need a way to contact you so you must leave your email in your entry so I can tell you you've won.
Want to earn more entries? Follow me on Google Friend on the upper right corner. Follow me on twitter @kaiasmommy. Please leave a separate comment for all you do!
Contest ends July 26, 2011 at 11:59 pm AZ time. Good luck to everyone.
*I received a nursing cover to review and was not paid for my opinion*