Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Review-ProMist Mop By O-Cedar



I recently had the privilege of using the ProMist mop by O-Cedar and I wanted to write a little about it. There are many different types of mops on the market and for years I've used a standard sponge mop, though I've hated it!

I've tried other mop brands that had a disposable cleaning head or attachment, and didn't care for these either because of waste and cost. I'm on a really tight budget and can't really buy into having to use 3 or 4 of these a sitting to get my floor clean. I have a large area of tile in my house so it would take a lot to clean.

Then there is the cleaning solution type. I have no crawling babies but, I want the floor clean without a lot of residue. I want the cleaner to be as safe as it can be and clean well at the same time. I can do that with the sponge mop but, it's really back breaking to have to keep rinsing the mop, scrub, and add my cleaner.

The O-Cedar is a really nice alternative to these! There is a container attached to the mop that allows you to put whatever kind of cleaner you would like in it. If you want vinegar and water, a certain brand of cleaner you really like, or a natural alternative, go ahead. There are removable and reusable microfiber pads to use with the mop that you simply throw in the washer when finished! I love that option. I can just put it in the wash with my cleaning rags and store for later. There are also semi disposable pads for those really messy clean ups that you would rather throw away(think dog poo!)


So to summarize, the pros of this mop outweigh most hand held manual mops. Ergonomic, waste reducing, bucket-free, economical, and safe for the people and pets in your home. Also, it's available at most large retailers so, it's easy to get and a reasonable price! I recommend trying this mop out.

*I was sent an O-Cedar ProMist to try out for the purpose of this review*

0 comments: