Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Safety Caps-Review




Unless you're insanely diligent in every aspect of planning for your baby, you're going to take some things for granted. Well, I have! My daughter, who is two years old now has her nursery set up so that it is "child proofed", and I've put the standard outlet plugs in her room as a safety precaution, as well as throughout the house. In doing so, I thought she was protected.

What I didn't realize was that she wasn't safe if she were to get one of the plug covers in her hands. The plug covers are a standard 1 3/8 in and can fit into even a young child's mouth. George, the creator of SafetyCaps had that happen to him. His daughter was able to fit a standard sized plug into her mouth and choked on it. He was determined to change that.

He created a high quality, plastic cover that is 2 1/4 in wide and comes with "pacifier inspired" air holes. The Safety cap comes flat topped, and made with a clear plastic that is intended to blend in with any home decor.

Above, is a picture in my daughter's room of the standard plug and the safety plug for reference. Now that I have some of these, I will be changing my plug covers out and replacing them with the larger covers. You can never be too safe when it comes to your child(ren).

0 comments: