Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My First Diaper Cake





I ordered some supplies so that I could make a "prototype" if you will and am pretty pleased with this one overall...I have lots of ideas and really like the ones that are made to look like "fondant" iced cakes with the receiving blankets. I wanted to make one that was basically gender neutral so that someone could buy it as a gift. It's ingredients are a dozen bleached indian prefolds(diaper service quality), one babykicks hemp/organic cotton baby wipe, a 3 oz tube of Burt's Bees baby bee diaper ointment and an adorable Gund brand puppy dog.


4 comments:

Karen Coutu said...

You did a great job! I am so proud of you!! The color and flowers on this one make it look holidayish. That would be great for any November/December baby showers!

How will you be selling these? On Etsy? Ebay? Your own website? Right from your blog?

Melanie said...

thanks Karen. I am going to attempt an Ebay business but, am trying to do it the right way. I need to get some licenses, etc. I don't want to be doing just diaper cakes because that's been done many times over, not as much with quality cloth but, it's all over the place. I have had lots of ideas for cute stuff, just want to execute it properly.

Heather said...

I love it. Keep it up Mel. One of my friends just got impregnanted! I know where to buy a cutesy diaper cake now :)

HollyB said...

Hey, that turned out super cute!