Monday, November 26, 2007

Suffer The Little Children

I read a post on a forum I participate in and it was like many other posts about abuse. A disgusting reminder that we live in an evil world. An innocent child abused, murdered and thrown away like trash. I read about this all the time. Why does it get me so today? I don't know. I always think of this passage in the bible when I hear of such atrocities;

Luke 18:16-But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Of course this is a bit out of context because it was when the little children were excited to see Jesus and the disciples tried to keep them from going up to see him but, basically it says that the closest you can get to heaven is by the innocence that is within children. Jesus even says we cannot enter heaven without being as a child. He also says that if we harm one, there will be

I am reminded every day of the evil in this world. It's proven by the lack of love and compassion for human life. When families can turn against each other and take away their lives, there is something wrong. Yet, I am not in despair, I have hope in him. He does say that when he returns, we will have all but destroyed ourselves completely. I don't find that hard to believe anymore, sadly.

When I look at my beautiful daughter, I see what is described above. Besides all the regular things that a parent wishes for their child and dreams, I see her innocent charm. I see the beauty in her just being. I see her personality unfolding in front of me. She is a soul, put on this earth for a purpose and only time will tell what that is. She was given to me to raise and care for. I only hope that I can do that justice. I count my blessings that I was given the gift of her. My little angel baby...

0 comments: