Monday, January 9, 2012

Mama Share Mondays-Birthday Parties

I will be the first to say that I don't spend a lot on my kids Birthday parties.  Besides the fact that I am notoriously under funds, I don't think it needs to be like a wedding each Birthday they have. I also am the kind of person that loves having family over and making it low key. My daughter just turned 5 and I am planning on doing a little something for her day at a Tea House but, that's pretty low key and affordable.  There are some really cute ideas for party planning though, so please share your creative ideas with me in the comment section.

Birthday/Party Ideas


-Make your child a special cake or dessert that they really like.  Make it special by decorating with candies, sprinkles, or colored frosting.  You can even make a "tradition" and give them the same dessert every year. So far this is working for me by making Sprinkle's recipe strawberry cupcakes.

-Create adorable invitations using a theme of your choosing.  The craft stores sell all kinds of embossing, stamps, stickers, colored stock paper, and embellishments.

-For older kids create a fun treasure hunt and hide a present or a little treat.

-Tea parties are really fun for little girls and very girly.

-Make a special meal like a breakfast or their favorite food for dinner.

Please leave your ideas in the comment section below!



0 comments: