Monday, December 5, 2011

Mama Share Mondays

I'm thinking of sharing some regular mama advice as a new meme. We will see where it takes me.  I know most of the things I share will not be new to most people but, they will be things that I have noticed or have helped me along the way.

I decided that my first mama share will be on meal planning.  I've noticed many times over now that women suggest planning a menu for the beginning of the week or even weeks in advance.  I know in some ways that can be very convenient but, it's not usually cost effective.  If you choose to do this you should really either plan the meals with what you have in the freezer and cabinet or you should be planning them based on the sales in your ads.

With money being terribly tight for most families, you make do with what you have.  I buy things that are on sale, especially meat and then look for recipes that will go along with them.  I also have a recipe box full of recipes that are go to.  Make use of your crock pot if you want ease, also your grill can be used year round for a quick meat and veg dish.

I know these things are "common sense" but, I think many busy mamas think it's too much of a hassle to plan ahead a little. Do this on a day off, it only takes a little bit of time and can save you lots of money.

In the comment section, please share any good mama share tidbits you might have for me!  I would love to hear them!!

0 comments: