Monday, December 19, 2011

Mama Share Monday-Christmas Tradition Ideas

When I got married I decided that I wanted to make a few new traditions for my own. I had no children of my own but, I got a step son in the deal and thought it would be nice for him and my own children to have a memory of each year. Below are some ideas on how to make a tradition for your own family.


  • Make a special Christmas card each year with the children's photos and add yourself if you want.  They can see the progression of the family each year. Put it in a special album for the children to enjoy when they're older.
  • Sing Christmas carols together each year in a retirement home, or children's hospital.
  • Make a special cookie recipe together each Christmas.
  • Go look at Christmas lights together and play Christmas music on the radio.
  • Do a special handmade gift exchange for any of your family that wants to participate.


There are of course many different things that you can do to create a new holiday tradition for you and your family. It's so much fun to do together and your children will remember those with fond memories.

What traditions do you and your family have around the holidays?  Please share in the comment section :)

0 comments: