Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Making Tuesday Tasty-NY Style Pizza Dough


I found this recipe online for a traditional thinner crust, bendable/fold able style dough. I found this one and it had a good review so I'm going to cross post it here. I love a good pizza dough, and I would rather make it sometimes knowing that I can make a size of pizza that I want. I also would like to put whatever veg and ingredients I want on it too! I need to get the kids involved in making this and have fun.


Yields: 1 large or 2 small pizzas
Prep Time: 2 hours

Cook Time:

Total Time: 2 hours

Ingredients:

2 1/4 teaspoon (1 package) instant dry active yeast
1 cup warm water (not hot!)
1/2 tablespoon sugar
3 cups bread flour, or as needed
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt

Preparation:

Add the water, yeast, sugar, and a 1/2 cup of the flour into a mixing bowl. Stir well and let sit for 20 minutes. It will get bubbly.

Add olive oil, salt, and 2 cups of the flour, and mix with a wooden spoon until it's together enough to turn out on to a lightly floured work surface to knead.

Knead for about 10 minutes, while adding more flour a little at a time, to produce a soft, elastic and slightly sticky dough. Do not add too much flour, just enough to keep it from sticking to the work surface as you knead.

Form the dough into a ball and place in a large oiled bowl. Drizzle a few drops of oil and coat the top of dough to prevent the surface from becoming dry.

Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm spot for 2 hours, or until the dough doubles in size.

Punch down the dough and divide into 2 balls and place in large zip lock plastic bags and refrigerate overnight.

When ready to use, remove from fridge, and let the dough come up to room temperature before using.

*recipe courtesy of about.com, photo courtesy of recipepizza.com*

0 comments: