Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Getting Mom's Place Fixed Up

Guest post written by Don Williams

My brother and I have been working hard to get my mother's old house in Maine fixed up and cleaned out. My mother is now living in an apartment home with other folks her age. The house was getting to be too much for her to handle, so we helped her find a good apartment community to live in. So far, it has been a great match for her. We had a lot of help from our friends getting all the junk out of the house. We also hired painters and found help from http://www.HomeProImprovement.com to get the exterior looking up to par before we help my mother sell the place.

We have been happy to help my mother. It's the least we can do. She has been there for us through thick and thin, and this I s the very least we can do. The house we are working on is the house we grew up in, so we've had a lot of memories come to surface recently. It's a little bittersweet getting this house ready to go on the market, but it had to be done. The earnings should be enough to help mom for a while.

0 comments: