Thursday, June 2, 2011

Balboa Baby Nursing Pillow-Review



I am a nursing mom for the second time now that my son is here. He took to it with absolutely no problem and has been a nursing champ since birth. He is three months old now and is getting heavier, so my preferred method of nursing is lying down.

Obviously, it's not always convenient to lie down and feed your baby when you have many other things to do and places to go. I have a Boppy nursing pillow from when I had my daughter four years ago but, to be honest she slept on it more than nursed on it. It's really floppy and doesn't provide the lift that I often need to position the baby close to my breast.



I contacted Balboa Baby to see if they would be willing to let me try their nursing pillow. It's a great shape for a cradled baby and it comes in a number of beautiful, modern patterns. Once they agreed, I waited for it to come and was happy to see that it shipped quickly and with no problems. I had excellent service from the beginning and was excited to check this pillow out! I also had a fun time browsing their site and looking at their other items like their nursing covers, and baby slings.

I requested the Coco nursing pillow and have loved the pattern especially since I received it in person. The material is a nice crisp cotton and is very vibrant. It's removable and machine washable, which is totally necessary. The pillow is firm, almost feels like memory foam but, it doesn't "squish" down like memory foam. I've nursed my son in a few different positions and have had no problems with adjusting him. I generally do either the football or the cradle hold for him and it works great. It definitely helps with comfort levels for both my baby and I because I'm not having to bend or strain anything and can have my hands free and he is able to nurse at breast level to stay latched well. Finally, this is approved by Dr. Sears as a safe and comfortable product.

Thank you Balboa baby for the nursing pillow to review.

0 comments: