Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Making Tuesday Tasty-Cauliflower Popcorn

I got this off mrsdash.com but, wanted to say you can do any seasoning blend you like. I like to use the herbs de provence which is basically a good chicken herb blend with the olive oil. I CANNOT stress enough how good this tastes. The caramelizing that the cauliflower gets when toasted tastes so yummy and the cauliflower are still tender, not mushy. I'm sure I've posted a similar recipe but, it's one of my all time favorite things to snack on.

INGREDIENTS

1 head of cauliflower
3 Tbsp. (45ml) olive oil
2 Tbsp. (30ml) Mrs. Dash® Table Blend

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C).
2. Cut out and discard cauliflower core and thick stems. Trim remaining cauliflower into florets the size of popcorn.
3. Toss thoroughly in a bowl with olive oil and Mrs. Dash® Table Blend.
4. Spread cauliflower on a sheet pan and roast for approximately 60 minutes, or until nicely browned (that's the carmelization process converting the dormant natural sugars into sweetness).
5. Turn three or four times during roasting. The browner the florets, the sweeter they will taste. Serve immediately.

0 comments: