Monday, November 15, 2010

Peanut Brittle For Christmas?

Each Christmas, I start to get very nostalgic and quite domestic. I think about our times in the past when I was a child, I think about the hard years and the good years. I like to remember all the goodies my Mom and Grandma made and it makes me feel good inside. I like that part of history and I am currently trying to create that for my children now.

I've been going through recipes, trying to figure out what I can make for my family and friends this year as Christmas treats. Last year, I made a few different cookies, including a new recipe for a lemon cookie that I thought was very yummy!

This year I would love to do something different like an English Toffee, a special cake, or even peanut brittle. Peanut brittle seems like a pretty big undertaking though so I may just have to buy some. I think I'm going to have to check the search engines for some quality peanut brittle or recipes that I feel like I can replicate. I'm not really used to making candy, so we'll see...

0 comments: