Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Making Tuesday Tasty-Healthy White Chili


I made this the other day based off of Ellie Krieger's recipe. I adapted it a little to my liking and what I had on hand.

Ingredients

1 Tbsp olive oil

3 Poblano peppers fresh or small can of green chili's found in the grocery store

2 stalks celery

1/2 to whole medium onion

2 cloves garlic

1 1/2 tsp Cumin

1/4 tsp cayenne

1 lb. ground turkey

Black pepper to taste

3 to 4 cans of Navy or your favorite beans(I used 2 cans Navy, 1 can black bean) If you want more beans add the 4th can.

4 C low sodium chicken broth, veggie broth, or beef broth.

Preparation

Sautee your pepper, celery, onion, and garlic together until tender in the olive oil. Once done, add your turkey and cook through. Once turkey is cooked through, add your rinsed beans and broth to the pot and simmer for about 15 to 25 minutes. The combo will combine in flavor and thicken slightly.

Serve. You can top with cilantro, sour cream, lime, and my favorite hot sauce! Anything to boost that Southwest flavor!

*photo courtesy of Allrecipes.com/Lucille Bluth*

2 comments:

Marina said...

That looks SOOOOOOO yummy! I'll have to try it!

Melanie said...

It is good and super easy!