Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Making Tuesday Tasty-Stuffed Pork Chops

I took a base recipe from epicurious.com and then made it my own. My pork chops weren't quite an inch thick so I had to adjust the cooking time(or should say should have adjusted the cooking time). This stuffing was amazing! It was salty, creamy, sweet, and tangy. My whole family loved it and they don't love mushrooms and onions. I did a very fine chop on the onion and mushroom. Delicious!

Ingredients

6 1/2 to 1-inch-thick pork rib chops or boneless pork loin chops

3 tablespoons butter

1 1/2 cups small cubes of French bread

1 cup chopped mushrooms

2 tablespoons minced onion

1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely crumbled

1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda (about 2 ounces)-or to your liking

1/2 of a medium apple(I used Gala or you could use a granny smith)

2 to 3 strips of bacon cut up

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut each pork chop horizontally in half to bone (or almost through if using boneless chops), making pocket for stuffing.
In medium skillet, cook your cut up bacon until crisp. Set aside and drain. You can either keep the bacon grease or drain and melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add bread and sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, apple and rosemary and sauté until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add to bread. Refrigerate until mixture is completely cool, about 15 minutes.
Mix Gouda into bread mixture; season with salt and pepper. Insert stuffing into pockets in pork, dividing equally. Skewer pockets closed with toothpicks if necessary. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add pork to skillet; sauté until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Place skillet in oven. Bake pork until cooked through, about 25 minutes.

3 comments:

desertmama said...

I am so excited to try this I think the whole family will love it!

Melanie said...

Adjust to what you like, I'm pretty sure you're gonna love this. I like Rosemary so I added a couple of pinches.

Hope | Printers NY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.