Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

I want to focus on the good things going on right now because, there's always some good. Last year I did a similar post and every year I hope that I remember how blessed I am, even in times of trouble.

This year, for lack of a better word, sucked. I can dwell on all the things that did and are still happening. That's not what this is for. There are so many falling on hard times right now, and well, it can always be worse in some way. At least that's how I look at things. We have a home that shelters us, food in our bellies, love, each other, and a vehicle to drive.

When I see the pics of Africa from one of my ministers, and how they don't have the luxuries we have, how they don't have proper medical care, I remember how good I have it. When I see homeless people in my neighborhood, I remember.

I am the type that gives when I can. I don't give money to panhandlers but, I've bought my share of food and drink. I've donated many items to different causes and I've donated time. Even though you may think you have it hard, remember there's always something you can give. If you don't have money, give of yourself. There are so many people out there that would be truly grateful for your generosity. I've been reading on Twitter and a few other blogs about sending Christmas cards to our service men and women. I can't wait to be able to thank some people for what they are doing this year. Go to this address for further details. They must be received by December 7Th in order to get there in time.

You can donate blankets, personal care items, journals, food, volunteer time, etc to someone in need. It teaches your children how to give back and participate in the community as well.

2 comments:

Grammy Mouse said...

A wonderful reminder.
blessings to you & your family this Thanksgiving.

hugs, Faythe

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

ABSOLUTELY!! You are so right... It could be MUCH worse for all of us. We have much to be thankful for!