Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Making Tuesday Tasty-Sugar Cookies

My grandma sent me this recipe. We grew up eating these and I loved them! They aren't the traditional sugar cookie that you frost. They come out tender and have just a little tang to them. delicious.

1 C shortening
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 egg

Cream these ingredients until fluffy

Dry

2 C flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Combine and add to creamed mixture slowly

Form dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar(you could use colored as well if you want). Bake at 350 until golden brown. Each oven is different so test yours out.

1 comments:

Jenn in AZ said...

Yummy! These sound good! I loved my great-aunt's sugar cookie recipe. So soft and moist...and we would use cookie cutters for Christmas and make Rudolph with a red hot on his nose! When I tried her recipe, though, it didn't turn out as good...not her touch, I guess.