Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Diane Birch-Bible Belt CD Review


I've listened to the CD Bible Belt from Diane Birch a few times now. Her album was just released on June 2, 2009. It's an eclectic mix of old and new sounds. Sometimes I feel like I'm listening to music of the 70's, Carole King style and then I'm put into a Norah Jones genre. I'm impressed because I really like artists that write their own music and go through the process. Diane Birch wrote the entire album herself and has an "old soul" flavor to her music.

After traveling around with her parents as a child, her family finally settled in Portland, Oregon. There she took root and settled into the city as well as her music. She was found on Myspace and moved there for awhile but, eventually relocated to New York where she signed with S Curve Records. Lately there's been a lot of buzz about her. She has her own Myspace and she has an Mp3 available for her song Fire Escape.

S Curve Records and Diane Birch are participating in Discover & Donate. Whenever a purchase for Bible Belt is made, the buyer can choose from one in six charities and $1 will be donated. Awesome way to give back to the community.






0 comments: