Monday, March 23, 2009

Tiny Tag Designs-Customer Service KUDOS!

I had the pleasure of winning a contest in February, and the prize was a little girls heart shaped silver pendant with my daughter's initial on it. Adorable anyways and I know, super popular right now!

My information was sent to Melissa Clayton, the owner of Tiny Tag Designs. Some time went by and I received an email from her directly inquiring if I had received the necklace I won. I advised her that I hadn't and she said she would send it right away.

Another week or so went by and I hadn't received it so I emailed her and she apologized profusely, didn't make much excuse but, had been busy. She advised that she had finished my necklace and would be sending it out immediately. She also offered an additional item at no cost for the wait. I advised her that it was up to her if she wanted to do that and thanked her.

So, as you're reading this you may say, "she made you wait, so how is this great customer service?". Well, my answer is that I have worked in the service industry for many years. I have heard excuses and complaining alike. I have dealt with people who have a sense of entitlement many times over. The true heart of service is what remains with me.

At my previous job I was asked to read Raving Fans. If you've ever read it you know what I'm talking about. Melissa has made me a raving fan. I won this necklace, I didn't pay for it and yet she made good on it and then some. She was concerned about my experience.

I received the necklaces and they are DARLING! There's a ball chain on one and a sturdy box chain on the child's necklace. I purchased a hand stamped washer necklace from someone on Etsy and the quality wasn't that great. Melissa's are small and cute. They are clean looking and perfect for multiple discs if you don't want a bunch of stuff cluttering your neck. Personalized is the thing to have now and she grabbed it by the reigns.

And, if that's not enough kudos for her, she also does this as a one woman show basically while caring for her husband and two children. That's deserves an added THANK YOU from me. I am a woman with an entrepreneurial spirit as well and am always excited to see a woman successful at doing what she does as well as trying to be there for her family.

This may not be an "official" review but, it's a review from the heart. Please take a look at her stuff. What's the worst you can do? Buy something?!

1 comments:

HollyB said...

can't wait to see it!