Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm here again wanting to add a little thanks to the day!

I'm thankful for my comfy, warm, bed that I get to lay my head down on every night. And of course, the security that goes with it.

I'm thankful that my husband still has a job that isn't supposed to be able to support us, but does.
I'm thankful that daughter is thriving, healthy and strong willed. Why strong willed? Because she will be a leader and not a follower!
I'm thankful that I get to eat good food and not worry about my next meal.
I'm thankful that we are at the point where we may be able to buy our own home and what a blessing that will be!
What are you thankful for today? It's necessary to reflect, even on the small stuff. It is necessary to remember that it could always be worse.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

we have a ritual with our now 5 year old, strong willed, little girl where we write in our gratitude journals nightly. when she was in pre-school we would write out our gratitudes on a white board and let her just put what ever letters she heard down when she said the word... it seems like a nice way to cultivate gratitude and some writing skills at the same time...

today i am thankful for the chance to just say HI! to new friends in blog land! :)

jul