Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bye Bye Cable

My husband and I are trying to buy a house and we are very tightly budgeted. The only thing left to give was the cable t.v. which means, any t.v. I lived without any television for a few years while living alone because I wasn't home often and really couldn't afford it. I know it's better in the long run to re prioritize our money and put forth efforts in other aspects of my life.

I have to admit it has been HARD this last week and a half without it. As I've gotten older, I've become less a morning person. I like to put my daughter in her high chair with her breakfast and veg out for awhile in front of the toob.

At night, after I've put her to bed, I like to veg out too. Well, you get the point.
This is a sacrifice I'm willing to make right now because I would rather die, YES DIE than live in apartment another year. haha

Please continue to pray for and think of us as we are going through the craziness that is, trying to buy a house.

2 comments:

desertmama said...

Good for you! I'm glad you're willing to give a little now to have something better in the future. We got rid of ours awhile back too, which means we have no tv either. It was hard at first, but it's gotten easiter. I don't even really miss it anymore. I just can't justify spending the money anymore either, especially when we went down to just one income with me staying home now. I'll keep praying for you guys with the house thing too!

Susan G. said...

I hope it all works out for your family !