Thursday, December 6, 2007

wedding vows

When Brandon and I got married, we went to Sedona. We chose to get married quickly after deciding to get married. We had dated on and off for a long time and once Brandon actually wanted to get married and I was ready we didn't want to wait. We only met the "minister", I say that loosely, once before the wedding. We compiled a list of things we wanted done and read, and gave it to him....I wanted to frame some of it and found it in my email finally, in the sent box.

I gave this as a reading, it is only excerpts but, I like it.

Mari Nichols

Because to the depths of me, I long to love one person.
with all my heart, my soul, my mind my body...

Because I need a forever friend to trust with the intimacies of me,
who won't hold them against me,
who loves me when I'm unlikeable,
who see the small child in me, and
who looks for the divine potential of me...

Because I need to cuddle in the warmth of the night
with someone who thanks God for me,
with someone I fell blessed to hold...

Because marriage means opportunity
To grow in love, in friendship...

Because marriage is a discipline
to be added to a list of achievements.

0 comments: